Thursday, May 7, 2009

"He's So Focused"


In a world where image is everything...the man with the camera is king. In this case, the king who's name is on the tip of every model in the midwest's tounge right now is Divine Photography.

When we sat down with Owner & Head Photographer for Divine Photography, Devon to asked how he got started he said, "I got into photography because I felt there weren't enough photographers who captured the true essence of black women: their strength and beauty. I was tired of seeing King Magazine/XXL styles shots that put the emphasis on a woman's assets (emphasis on ass) I wanted to go in a different direction with my photography," and he has done just that.
Creating a worthy resume of beautiful shots, Divine is quickly becoming the most sought after photog in the region.

More so than his talents behind the camera, Devon is changing the way people see themselves. In a city where the word beauty isn't exactly the first word that comes to mind, he is creating a beautiful history for us to look back at. "My camera is essentially a time machine. My photos are snapshots of a certain moment in time. Think of the one thing you want to save if your house caught on fire. It would be your photo albums," said Devon. He also has a refreshing sense of humility that is rarely seen in this business, "There is so much that I have to learn about photography. Everytime I thing I've mastered something, something else comes up that I want to learn. I guess as an artist your craft is forever evolving."

Evolving or not, Divine Photography is definitely deserving of all the accolades received. With a pure blend of undeniable talents, solid work ethic & humble creative vision, Devon, along with Make-Up Artists Asia Dickens are here to make you beautiful.

"Tiger Woods sucked, Micheal Jordan sucked, Shakesphere sucked. Everyone in the beginning sucked, but they were persistent and never gave up on their dream. Never give up on your dream. "-Devon x Divine Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment